Potato is one of the less-valued vegetables that help curb every desire; from midnight fries to a lavish curry!
Earthy flavors from the south of India speak of subtle spices leading to mouth watering food. This recipe is about a perfect vegetarian side-dish, one that goes well with every meal.
Potatoes are good source of vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin C and dietary fiber. If consumed with caution, potatoes also help reduce weight! (YES, that’s true; comment below if you’d like a recipe for delicious potatoes assisting weight loss.)
Prep Time: 20-30 mins.
Cooking Time: 10-15 mins.
Potatoes- 2 (large)
Curry Leaves- 2-3 sprigs
Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
Dried Chillies- 3
Desiccated Coconut- 1 tablespoon
Refined Oil- enough for frying potatoes
Olive Oil: 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (for cooking)
Seasoning- Salt and turmeric powder
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges/fingers. (about 1/2 inch in width)
2. Shallow fry potatoes until slightly brown and perfectly cooked.
3. Use 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to fry curry leaves from one sprig and keep aside (for garnishing).
1. In a pan add 1 teaspoon olive oil, throw in the peanuts and fry until crunchy. Keep stirring constantly, the skin might burn sooner than you think!
2. Add curry leaves from two sprigs and dried chillies, tossing them a little.
3. Add the potatoes and season with salt while adding a pinch of turmeric.
4. QUICK! Toss them.
5. Sprinkle desiccated coconut and turn off the heat immediately.
6. Squeeze in half a lemon and mix well.
Garnish with crisp fried curry leaves and enjoy!
Tip: While mixing everything be cautiously quick and do not toss rigorously cause you want all the ingredients to maintain their texture.